We are an incorporated society established in 2008 by a group of concerned citizens. We saw the need for an active and effective body to communicate and help Thorndon residents to express their collective views to local authorities and similar community entities.
Our Vision for Thorndon Residents Association
- To improve amenities and facilities in Thorndon area for Thorndon residents
- To encourage a sense of community in Thorndon
- To provide an information hub about Thorndon
- To represent and communicate the majority views of Thorndon residents about matters affecting Thorndon to any local authority, Government Department or similar entities
- To co-operate with any other associations, groups, bodies, local or civic authorities with similar goals
Projects & Portfolios
The Thorndon Residents’ Association Committee has established the following portfolios. These groups meet as required. Each group is led by a member of the main Committee but other group members need not be members of the main Committee.
- Bringing more community activities, classes and events to Thorndon
- Working with the WCC to make improvements to the Thorndon Community Facilities
- Facilitate a sense of Community within Thorndon
Community Safety & Graffiti
- You may have noticed the dramatic increase in graffiti in Thorndon of late. The TRA Committee has been on the case and has plotted graffiti sites on a public google map.
Traffic and Parking
- Pedestrian safety
- Traffic in and around Thorndon village, schools, community facilities etc
- Parking, resident parking zones, parking time limits, commuters
Planning and Environment
- Submissions on proposed WCC district plan changes
- Seeking information on any new building proposals
- Character zone
- Planning changes